Architecture Photography - what can I do with my work?

Discussion dans ' ARCHITECTURE FORUM (english)' créé par alvraposo, 23 Mars 2004.

1. alvraposo

alvraposo Guest

I've got a degree in environmental engineering, I work as a journalist and I also take architecture photographs. I do it simply because I like it, and I have exposed my work only twice (you can see it in www.pbase.com/m_architecture/exhibitions ).

As my images are always a very personal point of view (part of my work in http://www.pbase.com/m_architecture/) and as I don't belong to "architecture world", I don't know what else can I do with my photographs. Put them in an image bank, specialized in architecture? Contact magazines? Which ones?

Any suggestions or contacts will be welcome!

NOTE DU MODERATEUR

POUR UNE MEILLEUR LISIBILTE DES POSTS ILLUSTRES
    IL EST RECOMMANDE DE POSTER LES IMAGES
    EN 400 PIXELS DE LARGE MAXI
    MERCI

2. toku

toku Guest

héhé boa tarde !

as fotos saõ giras, mas acho que é super difficil de ter um contacto para trabalhar com uma revista.

senao vou continuar em frances sob teu outro messagem :)

3. Morover, as far as you were speaking of copyrighting buildings, u canno't publish them unless you got the architect's and/or the building owner's agreement...

I know, that sucks sometimes, but u can bu sued for not respecting those kinda rules...

It happens to my agency once. Journalists from Conde Nast traveller wrote an article about suite rooms we designed for a Korean resort. We were pretty pleased as the French designer, but the resort wasn't that pleased: the prosecuted the journalists!!! And the article was really a fantastic summary of our design!

4. noa.sas

noa.sas Guest

i love architectural photography as i am architect student....i en courage y to do it as y like
    i have no time to do it
    noa.sas

5. gventura

gventura Guest

Hi alvraposo.

I like a lot some of your pictures.

I'm a designer who usually looking for images with a different point of view to make my works like videos, webpages...

When the company doesn't have images i visited one stock images web. In this web photgraphers can upload their images and can put some conditions like non commercial use, credits photographer...

Basically use 2 web pages.
    www.sxc.hu ---> free stock images
    http://www.stockxpert.com/ ---> non free images

You can take a tour and if you like put in contact with their to make accounts and probably win some money if someone buy any of your images.

Ah! I remember that I was worked with a great company of a design chairs and you can send your work to make a possible professional contact.

His webpage is:
    http://www.figueras.fr/Fauteuils/F [...] rence.html

I hope that I can help you and I will you congratulations for your photo work.
    I animated you to use a more professional way to show your work. you can buy a domain and make a photo gallery to show you pictures. I utilized www.aruba.it to buy a domain in a very good prize.

Good luck!

Partager cette page